Wednesday 20 August 2014

Introducing an exciting new Aussie indie, Lyz Cosmetics (lots of pics)

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.
Today is an exciting day for me, as I have been asked to swatch and review a brand new indie cosmetics company called Lyz Cosmetics made right here in Melbourne by the very sweet Elizabeth.
She asked if anyone would be interested in swatching some of her polishes and, after having a quick peak at what she had on offer, I put my hand up and was very fortunate to be given the opportunity to help showcase her wares, along with another couple of awesome gals. Also, have a squizz at that adorable presentation :)


The polishes I have to share with you today have been provided to me for my honest appraisal, and you know me and know that's what you're going to get. The first three are all currently available on the Liz Cosmetics etsy store, and the final two polishes are due to be released soon.
Elizabeth also enclosed some "nail rings" and some nail studs, which you can see in the swatches of Gilding Twilight, and they will also be available in her store soon.
Warning, this is picture heavy.
So, lets get to it shall we?

First up is an astonishing polish, called Swashbuckling.
Elizabeth describes it as "a fluorescent orange nail lacquer infused with fine, tiny gold glitters with a fast, two coat application".
I describe it as the brightest, most intense, most cheerful and just plain outrageous polish I have ever worn. Seriously. My camera phone could hardly deal with the colour of this polish, so I've had to take a variety of shots, including in shadow, which for some reason allowed me to best capture the fluorescent nature of this particular lacquer.






Swashbuckling
While this is a really intense polish I think it's very wearable as it has a pink shimmer that softens the orange somewhat, making almost a fluorescent coral under certain light. It really is quite complex and shows a lot of different aspects depending on the light source. I also think this polish would be amazing for accent nails and nail art.
Application wise it was extremely easy to work with, with two coats providing ample coverage. It does dry to a slightly satin/semi matte finish (which I really like) but you can add top coat for a glossy finish (most of my pics are shown with a top coat).

The second polish I have to share with you is Captivating Coral, described as "a radiant, pearly bronze nail lacquer infused with rainbow shimmer."




Captivating Coral
 Again, two coats was more than enough for great coverage, although I found that this polish dried very quickly, so if you tend to rework your polish you'll need to be quick.
The colour is a really feminine dusky rose with a coppery/bronze finish. It's very pigmented and almost a one coater, application was easy and it dried to a semi matte finish.

The third polish given to me to review is called Gliding Twilight, and oh boy is this pretty. I adore this purple, it is soft yet vibrant, almost luminous with a soft pink, rainbow shimmer.





Captivating Twilight and some of the lovely rings on offer
Again application was so easy and again, I only required two thin coats.
Captivating Twilight did dry to a satin/semi matte finish like the other two polishes, but when I popped a coat of seche vite over it it became so reflective it almost glowed on my nails.
This will definitely be a polish I am going to miss when I run out.

The fourth polish is an unreleased is Nirvana, a "murky purple base containing many reflective silver butterflies, yellow and silver glitter hexes and tiny pink holographic glitter."




Nirvana
While this isn't listed as a glitter topper I think that it would probably work best as one, as the formula is quite sheer. There's plenty of glitter to keep you happy, although like most glitter polishes some fishing is required for the larger pieces and it applies fairly easily, although it is thinner than the other polishes.
Personally I felt that the colour was more of a dusty mauve, which is a colour that my skin tone really struggles with. I also found that I needed 4 good coats to achieve opacity with this one, but it did look fantastic over Captivating Coral- I think they really compliment each other. For these swatches I used the polish alone on my index and middle fingers and layered it over Captivating Coral on my ring and little fingers.

And finally there's the as yet unreleased Cerulean Dusk "a glitter infused lacquer packed with lots of tiny teal and silver glitter."I also suspect there's some holographic glitter in there too, as it has a strong scattered holo effect (it reminds me a bit of Dance Legend wow prisms if they were a topper). Bonus!
Elizabeth states that this is meant as a glitter topper but I think it could easily be worn as is in three coats. For these swatches I have layered it over a teal creme, except for my ring finger, which I kept undie free (and as you can see, coverage is pretty good). I only needed two dabbed coats for these pics. It's very, very pretty and would suit anyone who loves teal and glitter ;)






Cerulean Dusk
All in all I have to say I am very impressed with with what Elizabeth has managed to create as a new polish maker. I am also really pleased to be able to show off her wares and be involved so early on in the life of Lyz Cosmetics and if this is what she's coming up with now, I can only assume the future's looking as bright as Swashbuckling is on my nails ;)

I hope you enjoyed my first ever full on, multi polish review and, as it says on my disclosure page, all my opinions are my honest appraisal of the products at hand, so you know I won't talk up something just for the sake of it.

Also, as an added bonus LYZ Cosmetics are offering 10% off on orders over $30 until 31/08/14 Use the code LYZ10 when checking out :)

If you want to see more of their polishes head on over to Bab's Nails for a great review.

Anyway, until next time, as always ~love and polish for all~

Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)