Saturday 30 August 2014

Here's some Pretty Serious polish for your viewing pleasure

Hi guys, how are you today? The sun is out where I am and it's so lovely after such a cold, wet winter. Of course, I know that we still have plenty of cold and rainy days ahead, but the tree in our front yard is covered with blossom, flowers are starting to poke their heads up, the birds are singing and you can just feel that winter is at an end. Hooray!

Anyway, I just bought a couple of polishes from Pretty Serious Cosmetics the other day as they were having a sale and just had to take a bunch of pics too, so here's some of them, from me to you, with love.

The beauty on show today is Haddonfield, named after the Halloween movies and part of Pretty Serious's "Killer Fangirls" trio which also includes "Crystal Lake" inspired by Friday the 13th and Elm Street inspired by, obviously, A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Haddonfield is a fabulous orange jelly filled with gold shimmer, orange microglitter, larger holographic hexes and random shaped black shards...it's the most divine colour- a deep, rich orange that reminds me of ripe tangelos.
I reckon this would make the perfect Halloween polish if you celebrate that sort of thing (I don't as it's not a holiday we celebrate here) but I also think it would look amazing with a little black dress, as it has a certain luxe feel. IMHO it's definitely beautiful enough to be a "special night out" polish.
Oh and you get a very cool collectors card (each of the Killer Fangirls trio comes with its own card that gives a cute nod to the polishes namesake). Here's a pic of the Haddonfield card;

And now onto the polish itself. Application wise I only needed two coats, no dabbing required, easy peasy application and two coats of Seche Vite to smooth and seal it all.


Haddonfield
I can't praise this polish highly enough, I love it. I think the colour is incredibly wearable, especially for an orange. The depth, the unusual black shards, the gold shimmer... it all adds up to a really eye catching, glamorous nail polish that I would encourage anyone to try, even if you don't normally do orange. I think you might be pleasantly surprised :)



Haddonfield
So, what do you think? Haddonfield, Crystal Lake, Elm Street and oh so many other goodies are all available at the Pretty Serious Cosmetics online store. Oh, and Kaz has a new range coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

Until next time ~love and polish for all~

Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)