Wednesday 18 June 2014

"It's like the Love Boat decided to host a disco on my nails"

That's how I described my current mani- oh my gawd, the glitter, the bling, the sheer joy and happiness this polish brings is simply fabulous. Seriously. It makes me laugh because it's so OTT yet so beautiful... I'm talking about Peita's Polish "Labels or Love".




This is an amazing polish, a sheer hot pink jelly filled to the brim with holographic glitter, silver hearts, red hearts, circles, hexes, squares and probably more types of glitter than I ever knew existed.




I layered this over a hot pink undie, but next time I want to see what I get using it solo. It is so bright, so vivid... it doesn't just jump off the nail, it chases you down and makes you gaze at its glory until you cry "uncle".




Nothing I can do can truly capture this polish, it's just too much, but in the best possible way. I've had it on for 3 days and counting, which is a long time for me, simply because it makes me feel freaking awesome wearing it. How can you feel blue with this riot of colour and sparkle flashing on the tips of your fingers?




Ok, I guess I should actually review this polish rather than just posting numerous pics and fangirling all over the place.
For these pics I did three coats of "Labels or Love" over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Hot Magenta" and had no issues with application whatsoever. Because it is so glitter dense there is no fishing required, although I did find myself placing some of the larger pieces such as the hearts just to balance thing nicely on the nail, but the formula was so easy to work with this wasn't an issue at all.

I don't know whether this polish can achieve opacity on its own, and I am going to have a play with that next time I try it, but it looks brilliant over a hot pink undie. I reckon it would look good over a paler undie too, even black if you want to tone down the brightness (but why would you? that defeats the whole reason for this polish existing imho).
After applying three coats I then whacked on two generous coats of Seche Vite and my nails were perfect. I love that the glitter sits so well against the nail too, there were no problems with edges poking up out of the top coat or anything like that, just a smooth and glossy finish.

Peanut "helping" me take my photos



So, there you have it; "Labels or Love" by the Aussie indie brand Peita's Polish.
I feel like a cigarette, we've just shared such an intense moment. Seriously though, I think this is a brilliant polish- it's fun, bright, blingy and completely unapologetic in it's girlie-ness.
This is definitely going to be one that I try to find a second bottle of because it's also completely unlike anything else I own, and that makes it super special in my books as there's only so many combinations of colours and glitters, so for something to be this different is quite an achievement.

I hope you enjoyed checking this polish out as much as I'm enjoying wearing it- and I know it's full on, but if you manage to find a bottle don't be shy, give it a go. I think you might just find your heart floating alongside all those others in the bottle if you do ;)

1 comment:

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)