Thursday 5 June 2014

Dance Legend Roz, very picture heavy because I can and it is, so there

Hello to my grand non-audience out there, how goes it?
In my world of nail polish, cats, single parenthood and not-so-great-episodes of depression it's only so-so.
To be honest, I am feeling a little meh, a little flat. I suspect a lot of that is down to the fact that I am well on the road to recovery from my last surgery and, as I'm not due for any others in the near future, it's time for me to get back into things.
The only problem is, I have no idea where to go to from here. So I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the knowledge that I need to get on with my life but I just don't know what it is I should be doing, and I'm very scared I'm going to fuck it all up.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my life and it's kinda a shitty place to be...I wish there was some sort of magic button I could press that would make all these important life decisions and choices for me so I can just get on with it, rather than wondering what it is I need to be getting on with in the first place.

So, as a distraction from the pressures of adulthood I had a play with Roz, one of my Dance Legend multichromes that are all named after characters from the movie Monster's Inc. which I find really endearing as I have a real soft spot for that movie.
This polish has the most amazing colour shift, and it's not the sort that requires you to hold your fingers "just so" either.
The slightest movement is enough to have Roz dancing from mauve through rose gold to bronze to vivid green to copper and so many shades in between. But words really don't do this polish justice. Let's have a peek at some snapshots shall we?


O.K, it's a pretty dark pink/mauve, I hear you say, it's nice but so what? Well, here ya go :D





Oh, and it doesn't stop there either, oh no...




And then it does this...




And it doesn't just look amazing in daylight like holo's, this baby looks fabulous even under less than ideal lighting, like my kitchen at 10pm with only my iphone and fluorescent lighting to play by;





And it just keeps on going. I have so many pictures I can't post them all, I'd probably crash your computer, so i'll finish off with this little series;







Oh, ok, and these. I really love how you can have  so many colours at once, you don't need to contort your fingers to achieve a good amount of colour shift, just holding a cuppa tea is enough to have your nails flashing pink, bronze, gold and green. Just glorious.








As for the polish itself, application was surprisingly easy as I have heard that multichromes and holos can be tricky with issues like streaking, dragging and bald spots, but none of that occurred here. And I didn't even layer Roz over black, this is just three thin coats over a cheap Essence base coat.
I do have teabag wraps on my thumb and index fingers and I was worried that the slightly frosty aspect of the polish would make them look really obvious, but even that didn't turn out to be a problem at all.

Dance Legend  is a Russian nail polish company, and you can either buy through their site or through one of the international polish stockists such as Color4Nails, Femme Fatale and Llarowe. There is a greater range on the original Dance Legend site, but shipping from Russia can be tricky, so really, it's one of those decisions you'll need to weigh up for yourself.

Anyway, I hope I have managed to do Roz some justice with my iphone photos- it was actually really hard to narrow down what to publish as every shot showed another aspect of the polish that I want to share, but there comes a point where you have to take people's bandwidth into consideration, so I tried to keep it down as much as I could.



2 comments:

  1. That nail polish is beautiful, can't wait for FF restock so I can grab one. Sorry to hear you are feeling down. It is horrible when you are in that place. Hopefully there will be a lot of great days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, IDK why I'm feeling so shitty, but I am. Hopefully it's not the beginning of a depressive episode as I've managed to get through the last few years without one, pretty much the first time since I was a teenager where I haven't had a bad bout of depression.
      I'm so grateful to people like you and the polish community in general as it's such a supportive place. And who knew that a little bottle of polish could make such a difference to a persons state of mind?
      I hope you're well and had an awesome long weekend
      Em xox

      Delete

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)